The vedict for Crockpot Tuesday is...

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Hi!
   So I know you have been dying to know how dinner was last night! Okay, I'm sure it wasn't a top priority for you, but I'm going to pretend it was in your top 10 things you had to know when you woke up.  ;)

   Well, here was the final product.




   I put the zucchini and chicken over rice (about a 1/2 cup of cooked rice) and topped it off with some shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheese. The girls didn't get to try any of this. Hubby was home and just made them something else when we got home. He didn't know my plan of wanting to give them a little. But thats okay. We have left overs so they will get some tonight. Hubby didn't complain but he didn't rave about the dinner. But since he didn't rave about it, I'm pretty sure he thought it was just so-so. I personally thought it was good, nothing very exciting, but good.

   I feel like it ended up with more of a chili taste than Italian. Hubby kept saying it too. I'm not entirely sure what caused that flavor. I really don't think it was the one Jalapeno I added. It wasn't a bad flavor, but not what I had anticipated. After a few hours of cooking I took a taste test and I did have to add more salt. I know salt is personal preference, but I would recommend adding maybe 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and not just a pinch or two. 

   All and all, it was a good meal. I don't think this will be a constant meal on rotation though. But I have so much zucchini that it will be a good meal to add in every once and a while to mix things up. It also made some left overs. So I put a severing in the fridge and froze another serving. Id say it made about 4 servings all together.

   Let me know if you plan to try this meal out. It was good, but it didn't wow me to the point of feeling like I have to make it again next week. Know what I mean? Not a complete lose in the cooking department, so I'll call this a win. :)

   Next week is the family favorite, Beef Stroganoff! I can't wait to share it. 

  Thanks for taking a timeout with me! Talk to you soon!!

XO,
  Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS