Play! by Sephora November

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Hi!
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends! We drove to Pennsylvanian to be with my in laws for the holiday. As always, it was a great time with amazing food. My mother-in-law and I did our annual Black Friday shopping. We were in no rush so we didn't leave the house till about 10:30 (btw, I do not support these 6pm openings on Thursday, it should stick to Friday mornings- thats the whole point of Black Friday) which caused us to miss some of the great deals we wanted to pick up, but it wasn't the end of the world. We had a great time as always. But now it's time for my favorite holiday of the year and I CAN NOT wait to get all of my decorations out. And pick up some new ones- I die for Targets selection this year!

Since I still have one day of November left, I wanted to tell you about what I received in my November Play! by Sephora subscription box. If you haven't heard about this yet I'll give you a quick run down. Sephora started their own monthly subscription box. It's $10 a month (plus tax), you also receive 10 BI/VIB/Rouge points with ever box purchase. They have a waiting list right now but click here and you can put in your email address. Once a spot becomes open they'll let you know and you can sign up.

I will say, this beauty subscription box might just be my most favorite subscription box and I love this month! It's called The Exclusives. Everything they included can only be purchased at Sephora. As always, everything was a deluxe size sample- but I'm totally okay with that.  


I posted an unboxing video and you can watch that below for my thoughts and opinions on everything. But I'll go over everything briefly below.

The first product I received was Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer (here). I've heard great things about this primer (and the other steps too) and I'm so happy I now get the chance to try it out. I've been using it for a about a week and I have to say, I really love it. My foundation has been going on great and staying on for hours. I'd totally recommend this primer if you are looking for something to hydrate your skin while not letting your foundation to seep into your pours and fine lines.

Next up is Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb (here). I have only owned one product from Bite Beauty and it's a lip gloss. I like it, but I have a hard time getting past the smell. Thankfully this lip pencil has no scent and the color is gorgeous. It is a perfect dusty rose mauve that would look great on anyone.

Following one lip product with another is BUXOM Full-On Lip Cream in Dolly (here). This might possible be my most favorite lip gloss. It is a plumper, but it doesn't hurt like some lip plumper's do. This actually feels like that cooling sensation you get when you have chapped lips and you use Carmex lip balm. No what I'm talking about? No? Yes? Maybe? ;) I don't know that it actaully plumped my lips but the color is a beautiful neutral that just adds a nice shine to your lips or over a lipstick. I highly recommend the Full-On Lip Creams.

Next is Sephora Collection Contour Eye Pencil in 29 Boyfriend's Jeans (here). This is an electric blue and is waterproof. Really waterproof. This is a great color to just have on hand for a day you feel like adding a pop of color on your eye. It's great on the waterline or put some on your eyelid and smudge it out. Adding a pop of color seems to be on trend at the moment and this really is a pretty blue. I won't be wearing it every day, but I'm glad to have it in my collection now.

Second to last is Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil (here). If you ever have to have one beauty product, it really needs to be this. I have used Josie Maran on and off for about 2 years. Every time I start using it again I wonder why I ever stopped. The uses for this oil are endless, but I use it mostly in replacement of a night time cream. It hydrates and balances out any skin issues I might be having. This is a holy grail skin care product for me. I really can not say enough good things about this oil.

And lastly, is Stella McCartney in Stella Parfum (here). Umm, yea... I don't like this. It has a rose scent and I'm not a fan of rose scented things. I truly believe you can not go by what other people's opinions are on perfumes because everyone has their own favorite scents. When you think you might not like it by their description you might surprise yourself and really enjoy it. I personally, do not like this. But you might, so if you get the chance to smell it I would. 

And that is it. Here is my YouTube video:

                    

I loved everything I received for November (minus the perfume). I recommend getting your name on this list and trying it out for a few months. Let me know if you have every tried any of these products and what you think about them. I'm definitely adding a few of these to my shopping cart for my next purchase at Sephora.

 Thanks for taking a timeout with me! I hope you have a wonderful week and I'll talk to you soon!!

  XO,
  Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS