Let me re-introduce myself...

Monday, March 12, 2018

Hi All!
 I'd like to re-intriduce myself to you. Why, you might ask. Well because I'm not the same person I was when I started this blog. I mean, I'm still Nikki: Military wife, Girl Mom x2, lover of all things fashion, makeup, and home decor. I still need my coffee daily and I'm still in a constant battle of fitness freak and eating all the food- the struggle is real.  But, I've changed SO much in the last 2 1/2 years. I've grown: as a women, a wife, a mother, a friend. I'm in a completely different season/chapter of my life. And I feel like I need to start this blog over, in a sense, to show that. I've tried countless times to write a blog post. But every time I come on here my mind goes blank.  I'm hoping with reintroducing myself to you, I can start my blog over. Maybe I can find the direction I want this blog to actually go in. A fresh start with the Nikki that I am now. So here it goes...

Hi! I'm Nikki! I'm a 32 year old...military wife and SAHM of 2 little girls- L who is 8 and Z who is 4. I'm also a dog mom. Her name is Cali, she's a mutt and a ripe old pain in my you know what, but she's so dang cute! I have a love for makeup, fashion, home decor, coffee, and Rea Dunn (who doesn't?!?). I also have a love/hate relationship with health and fitness. I try not to take myself too seriously. Something I've learned to do over the past year and half. In person I have a sailors mouth, but I'll never drop curse words here. Well, never say never... I ramble. A lot. I write like I tell my stores in person, so my posts will most likely be on the long side. #thatsjustme

I had an extremely rough 2016-2017 and learned so much about myself. So much so that I feel like I need to share what I've learned. First, because I know it will be somewhat therapeutic for me to put it out there. Second, because I want you, my fellow timeouter, to know crazy life things happen to us all. I am no expert on life-Lord knows that! I get it wrong daily...hourly if I'm being truly honest. But with the help of some amazing people in my life, my own soul searching and self empowerment searching these past few months I've learned the power of finding comfort in knowing I'm not alone. Feeling alone is horrible. Feeling like your losing yourself, like your drowning above water is down right scary. And if me sharing my life helps you not feel at least one of those things, makes you feel like you can relate to me. My heart will be so happy.

 So, what have I learned that I want to share with you? I learned how true it is to have seasonal friends, how to live a life with a constantly deployable spouse, the importance of knowing your own worth, that putting positive vibes out into the universe is a real thing-seriously it is, how to survive a hurricane that could have wiped out your whole state (damn you Hurricane Irma) and so much more. I'm here to ramble about nonsense that happens in my life and add pictures to that nonsense. I'm here to share new things I've found and love. I'm here to be held accountable for the goals I want to accomplish. I'm here to give you a laugh. I'm here to be me...unapologetically me.

My hope is that you'll take a timeout with me every now and then. That you'll leave my little space feeling better, happier, more positive about your day, and maybe a little inspired by something. Nothing more, nothing less. Thanks for taking a timeout with me and letting me reintroduce myself and my blog to you. I'll talk to you soon!

Xo,
 Nikki





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS