October Play! by Sephora Box

Monday, November 9, 2015

Hey, hey, heeyyy!

      Hope you had a lovely weekend! Today is turning out to be a pretty gorgeous fall day. Which is nice, considering it's been in the 70's all week and I keep having to remind myself that it really is November in New England. What is the deal with this crazy weather? I think Mother Nature needs to lay off the spiked Caramel Apple Cider.  Although I'm not totally complaining about the higher temps and spiked caramel apple cider is really good.

    I know I'm behind and it's November, but lets talk about the goodies I received in my October Play! by Sephora box. If you still haven't heard, its Sephora's monthly subscription box. When I got the initial email they said they were opening up to certain areas to test it out. I don't know how true that still is, but you can click here and put your name on a waiting list if you want to try this out. It's $10 a month (plus tax) and you get about 5-6 items.  You also get 10 beauty insider (VIB/Rouge) points with every box. Pretty awesome way to build up your points if you ask me! Plus, if you bring your play card into the store you get an extra 50 points with your purchase. Even more awesome! I'm just saying, I really don't think you can go wrong with at least trying this box out.



    Let me start off by saying I LOVED this box. I loved everything about it, with the exception of the perfume. Although, that should come as no surprise if you read my post about the September box and watched the video. This boxes theme was "Secrets to Dewy Skin". For me, I would say these products hit the nail on the head for "dewy" skin. My skin felt great, looked fresh and bright. It still feels great, in fact. Although thanks to some foundation I used my skin currently looks like it's under attack. :(  Thankfully it's under control now but I'm a picker and will be dealing with these things for a few more weeks. But anyways, lets jump into these products and what they are all about.

   First items I received and played with were the Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser and the Charcoal Konjac sponge. At first I was a little intimidated by this. Yes it's just a sponge but it's rock hard and this face wash comes out in a black gel. I wasn't sure how my skin would react to both things. The sponge softens up dramatically when you soak it in water for a few minutes (which is what you are suppose to do). It's also gentile enough that you can use it around your eye area- that in itself should speak volumes. I noticed a difference in the texture of my skin within 2 days of using this. I do not own a Clarisonic and if you don't either, I would say this is a semi-decent alternative. The cleanser is not harsh at all and in fact I really love using it every day. Depending on how my skin does after I run out (I still use and swear by First Aid Beauty face wash- holy grail for me) I may just purchase this. The cleanser (here) runs for $28 and the sponge (here) is $15. I really love the sponge and until I can get a Clarisonic I'll be buying this little guy for an extra scrub on my face.

   Next up is the Sephora Pearl mask. I have not used this mask yet, but I have used one of these types of masks in the past and I'm a big fan. I have to say, I've never used a lot of Sephora brand products but the more I do the more I'm really impressed with the quality. The pearl mask is intended to brighten and hydrate. Again, I'm not sure if it really does that, but once I try it out I'll let you know. A cool tip they tell you is to put the mask in the refrigerator for an hour prior to using it and it will help de-puff skin and it helps for redness-prone skin. I've done this with under eye masks and it feels amazing.  These masks are $6 a piece, but Sephora has a special for buy 4 get 1 free. Just use the code MASKLOVE at checkout. I will add this warning though, when wearing this mask you may pee your pants from laughing hysterical at how ridiculous you look and the looks on your kids faces' when you scare the crap out of them. The later may or may not have happened in my house. ;)

   The next product is the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidian day tint with SPF 15. To me, this is like a BB or CC cream. It's light weight, tinted, and helps even out skin tone. The difference for me between this cream and most BB or CC creams is that I didn't break out from it and I actually felt like it made my skin look natural, bright, and healthy. I didn't feel like I was wearing anything and it didn't look like I was wearing anything.  Now if like me, you have no idea what Ceramidian is I'll tell you what Sephora says: Ceramides are "molecules that exist naturally in our bodies and decrease as we age. When this happens, our skin tends to become dry and sensitive." So that makes sense as to why this cream helps make your skin feel softer, brighter, and evens out our skin tone. This product can not be replaced as a foundation, but for those days you don't want to do your makeup but also don't want to look like a zombie, this is it. This cream runs for $48, but I feel like its worth it. I plan to buy this. Not only has it made some of my mornings getting ready shorter but I think this will be a perfect staple for summer.

   Fourth on the list is the Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Instant Infusion Treatment Toner. This lovely toner runs at $48 and I'm still on the fence about it. I do like it, in fact I probably only have about another day or two left of it. My hang up is I don't know how I feel about toners. You hear they are good to use but not necessary. I don't know that I've ever really seen a difference using them before. And with using this one, I can't say I've seen any drastic changes. But I like it. Ugh... So this toner is suppose to "refine the appearance of pores while moisturizing and protection from pollutants and other environmental damage." Maybe I'm not seeing a total difference because I'm using a cotton pad and rubbing at around my face (which is what the box says) instead of using my fingers and lightly pressing/patting with my fingertips (what Sephora says to do). I'll try Sephora's way the next couple of days and see how it goes. I'm not sure I'll be picking this one up, but if I get the opportunity to pick up a sample I just might to keep in my travel bag.  

   Second to last item is belif: The True Cream Aqua Bomb. Let me just start off by saying this stuff feels amazing on the skin and I'm so overly impressed with this. I'm not sure I've ever used anything like it. It's a gel like look and consistence but it feels like a cream when your rub it in. It's cooling and instantly hydrating without any greasy feeling left behind. It says to put it on right after you've washed your face or steped out of the shower so you skin doesn't have time to dry and tighten up. But if it does this will instantly re-hydrate. It also says that you can put this on over your makeup for a refreshing glow- I don't think I'll be doing that at any point, but if you try it out let me know. This little bottle of amazingness runs for $38 for 1.68 oz or $22 for 0.84 oz. A little goes a long way so I'm not sure when I'll be picking this up but I can tell you that I will be.

   And lastly is Atelier Cologne: Collection Azure- Mandarine Glaciale. So the scent is inspired by Calabria, Italy. It's a fresh citrus scent that balances cool notes with hints of ginger and heart of vetiver. It smells nice but it's not my thing.  The way this cologne is made, it can be worn by both mean and women. Also, not my thing. I prefer to wear perfumes that are distinctly meant for women. Just my thing, no judgement at all for any women who enjoy these kinds of perfumes/colognes. So my opinion on this is honestly based on my personal preferences for perfumes. I feel like you can never give a true review on a perfume or cologne. Everyone has such different tastes and you really have to smell it yourself and see how your body takes to that smell. This is a no go for me, but whos to say you wont love it.

   And so that is everything I received in my October Play! box. Again, I loved this box. I got to try out skin care products that I probably would have never touched had I not received this. Now I know of a few new products that I love and think will become a staple in my skin care routine.

 If you received this box let me know what your thoughts are on everything. Now it's on to making my list for the Sephora VIB sale. I can not wait for Friday!! I'll be posting everything I bought either this weekend or next week. Let me know what you're picking up and if you have any recommendations.

    Thanks for taking a timeout with me! I'll talk to you soon!!

  XO,
   Nikki

PS. My adult Caramel Apple Cider: Get a fancy glass, some ice, any Caramel flavored vodka and some apple cider and Bam! Enjoy!  :)




  








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS