DIY Spring Chocolate covered Pretzels

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Hi All!
   This week Lilly was the Super Star at her school. Excited doesn't even begin to explain her enthusiasm about being picked. She couldn't stop talking about it! Being Super Star means she gets to tell her class a little bit about who she is. She gets to make a poster with pictures (let me just say I never realized how much of a control freak I was until I tried helping my 5 year old with a project...lots of deep breaths), bring in 3 of her favorite toys, a game for everyone to play, her favorite book to read and she gets to bring in a special snack for her class.    
    For her snack I wanted simple, cheap, tasty, fun, and minimal clean up for the teachers. I asked Lilly if she thought it would be a good idea to do chocolate covered pretzels like we did for her birthday party and she said "I think it's a great idea Mom!" So we made these yummy chocolate covered pretzels sticks.


 If you want to make some of these super easy and cheap treats this is what you'll need:
  •  Pretzel Rods
  •  Any colored chocolate melts (I used blue and orange-its what I had on hand- and got both at my local AC Moore)
  •  Any colored and type of sprinkles you want
  •  A microwave safe bowl to melt the chocolate in.
  •  Cookie sheet and Parchment paper to lay the pretzels on to harden
 

And that's it. I dealt with the chocolate and Lilly handled the sprinkles. I melted my chocolate melts in a bowl for about 30 seconds at a time. After each 30 seconds I'd take it out and stir the chocolate. I did it on full power, which isn't what the directions say but I didn't have any problems. I'd say with the amount of melts I put in the bowl it only took about a minute for the chocolate to be fully melted.



 We used all of these sprinkles. I had the Sequins Flowers and the Sanding Sugar purple already. I picked up the three other ones from Target in their OneSpot (score for a $1 a piece!!) The green and the flowers got used the most. After doing a few I kind of realized what looked best, but Lilly got to do what she wanted (with a little helpful advice from Mom, *cough* control freak Mom *cough*).
Lilly had fun with the sprinkles

Working hard
Lilly proud of her work


  After we finished I was trying to figure out a way to get these to her school without just putting them in a Ziploc. I mean, we took our time to make something fun and cute. We don't want to present it in any old way. I remembered that I had picked up some festive Spring/Easter baggies from Target's OneSpot (again!! Only a $1 for 20!! Man I love that place.) So I grabbed the bags and a bag of jelly beans I had bought for Easter and Lilly and I put these little goodies together.

Super Star Snack

  This was so easy and inexpensive to put together. Even with Zoe pulling at me or trying to climb a chair every 5 minutes, it only took us about an hour and half to do everything. You can make these for any type of event, holiday or just a treat to have at home. I mean, lets be honest here, salty and sweet is never a bad combo. Ever.
    Well, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed it!

  XO,
  Nikki
  
             

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS