Weekend Shanagains

Monday, July 21, 2014

Our weekend was very uneventful. I should have painted the rest of the living room, but I didn't. I'm blaming it on the weather here in New England. Cloudy, cool, and little spats of rain here and there. The kind of weather that you just want to stay in your pj's, on the couch, under a blanket with a cup of coffee (tea or hot chocolate, whatever you prefer) and read a book or watch a movie. Definitely not paint.
    I opened all the windows Saturday morning but closed them quickly when my hard wood floors started feeling sticky (I loath that feeling!). Sunday morning was a totally different story. Windows were opened and enjoyed the cool breeze. Kind of felt a little like fall (my absolute favorite season). I actually really enjoyed it, but I'm not pushing for summer to be over with yet.
   I started our football count down on our new message board (45 days till kickoff!), ordered some coffee pods from Keurig -FYI they are selling Pumpkin Spice already, I bought a box (I promise I'm not pushing for fall yet...really), bought some baby shower gifts, read up on some blogs, watched some YouTube Beauty Gurus, snuggled with the girls and watched Finding Nemo (who else is sups excited for Finding Dori?!?), and took the ever important selfie with the girls. We also had a bonfire Saturday night, but as soon as the sun was completely down the mosquitoes came out. I put on bug spray but still got bite about 4 times (insert red mad emoji-con face here). Besides that, I did enjoy spending the time with Hubby and Lilly (Zoe was already in bed) making some s'mores and drinking my adult beverage. Oh! and we lost the top half our our tomato's thanks to a deer (again, insert red mad emoji-con face). The jerk ate all our lettuce a few weeks ago. Went to Loews and picked up some Liquid Fence, crossing my fingers and toes that this works (if you have any other suggestion please let me know.)
  With all this doing nothing (well lets not kid here, I'm mom, we all know I didn't really do nothing) this weekend I got to watch my family. I got to watch my girls play and laugh together. That laughter and pure happiness from those two little girls just melts my heart. It's such an over whelming feeling of love that its hard to describe. Lilly is far from my little baby anymore, shes pretty much a full blown kid who really wants to be a teen. The conversations we have and the things that come out of her mouth just amaze me. Plus she's been doing a letter tracing book and keeps at it all on her own, I don't push her in anyway (there will be enough years of fighting about learning), and she absolutely impresses me with how well shes doing when shes writing the letters on her own. It may not seem like much since shes is 4 1/2, but this is one proud Mommy. And Zoe is just growing leaps and bounds. Shes not my tiny baby anymore, shes turning into a toddler. She still refuses to walk, which I find slightly amusing. She copies everything you do (this will not be so cute in a few months when she starts repeating things). She says da-da as soon as Hubby walks into the room. She seems to have forgotten how to say ma-ma so I'm just mushed in with her NA-NA-NA-NA-NA, but that's okay. With them both growing so quickly I find myself getting rather emotional about it. Sometimes I just wish I could freeze time, just for a little. But than that wouldn't be any fun either. I can't wait to see who these girls turn into. But mostly I hope when they are both older they can still find that laughter and pure happens that they share together now. One of my many wishes for them...
  Okay, now that I just got all sappy, here are some happy pictures I took with my phone this weekend:

 
but first, lets take a selfie!
Silly faces!
Zoe found my nose



my favorite way to spend a summer night
Lilly and her letters. So proud!



 I hope you all enjoyed your weekend! Hopefully it was more of summer weather than fall weather where you are at. 

As always, thanks for stopping by! Talk to you soon!

XO,
  Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS