Welcome to my timeout!

Friday, July 11, 2014

Hello! I'm Nikki and welcome to my timeout! I should probably explain why I've put myself into time out. 
     I'm a wife and a stay at home mom (SAHM) to my two little girls. Lilly is 4 1/2 (going on 18) and Zoe just turned the big 1.
     I love being a SAHM. I do miss the everyday adult interaction (I worked full time up until June 2012) and lets not forget that extra paycheck (my over indulgence of makeup, nail polish and clothes took a BIG leap to the back burner.) But I love that I get to watch my girls grow into crazy, amazing little humans. I've been on both sides and I'd choose being home with my girls any day of the week.
      But I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I want to do something for myself, something that I love. And I love to talk about the things that interest me. I love makeup, fashion- womens and kids, health & fitness, DYI, home decor, baking, and cooking. Pinterest and I are BFF's. Can't say I'm probably very good at any of those things, but I have a passion for them none the less. I love to read too, although finding time other than to read bedtime stories to Lilly seems impossible. I'm trying though.
    So, I'm making this blog my timeout. I'm going to make myself take the time to share the things that I love (hopefully you love them too). Step away from the demands of being a Mom for just a moment (well from changing diapers, cleaning up messes, and being pulled in a thousand different directions), enjoy my WARM cup of coffee (you Mom's know the importance of this) and talk about what I want. I hope the things I share are relate able, inspiring, and simply entertaining.
 Well, my timeout is over and it's time to get back to my girls. Thanks for stopping by!

XO,
  Nikki        
The girls and I enjoying a freezing swim in my Mom's pool a few weeks ago. My Step-Dad opened their pool just for Lilly when we were visiting. So naturally my little fish had to go in and that meant so did I. Totally worth it, as always, but I'm not cut out for that cold water anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS