Pretty Nails

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I love all things make-up and nail polish. My collection of each should be considered a problem, but if something makes you happy is it really a problem? In this case, I think not. The more the better! A girl has to have options, right? Okay I'm going to stop asking rhetorical questions...moving on.
   I have a vast collection of nail polish (the last I counted it was over 100- eekk) but lately I've felt like I don't have any of the colors I'm looking for. This is a lot like looking in you closet saying you have nothing to wear yet you could cloth a small village in Africa. I've been on the hunt for a specific pink and purple for the summer. I believe I satisfied my pink problem last week when I used Essie's Raise Awareness (it was from their Charity Breast Cancer line a few years ago). I haven't used it in forever and forgot how pretty it was. But as for purple, I actually don't have many (surprisingly). At least not light and bright, all my others are dark- more fall and winter colors. 
   I was walking through Target the other day (my weekly/daily routine) and as always you have to walk past the cosmetic isles. They must have been changing up displays because there was a small Essie stand just hanging out on one of their carts. And on it was this beautiful pastel-y (I know that's not a word, bare with me and my descriptions), bright but not in your face purple. It's Essie's Sittin' Pretty from the 2014 Neon collection. And boy is it pretty and exactly what I've been looking for. The application kind of had me a little miffed at first. The consistency is kind of runny and the first coat is practically clear. Not at all what I was expecting since the color is so solid and bold. I was expecting a much thicker consistency, but the second coat makes it look just like the bottle. I actually did three coats, but I know I would have been fine with just two. I just think its perfect for summer. If you're on the hunt for a good summer time purple go grab yourself Sittin' Pretty. 











Hope you all have a fantastic Wednesday! The girls and I are going with friends to the beach. Its our first beach trip since moving to Massachusetts. Zoe's first beach trip period, so this could get interesting. I'll let you all know how it goes. :)  Thanks for stopping by! 

XO,
  Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS