Starting Over

Saturday, October 4, 2014

   So it appears my sad attempt at starting and keeping with a blog didn't last very long. But I'm back at it. Maybe I'll make it past a month or two of posting ;) Just seemed like life caught up with me and to sit down and write just seemed out of the question. Which is sad because I actually enjoy doing this. I may not be the best at it, but its nice to just sit down and pour my thoughts into something. Most of my thoughts are what has been going on in my life, but none the less I enjoy it.\
  Since July: 
  Our summer didn't seem too crazy but the weeks just flew by and its now the first week of October. I took the girls to the beach twice and it was FANTASTIC. I was so worried about Zoe hating it and she loved every minute of it. Just sitting in the sand and playing, happy as a clam (pun intended). Lilly is my fish (pun intended, again) so she loved every second of getting into the water with her friends. And the beach we went to was just beautiful. Natasket Beach in Hull, MA. We have always lived close to a beach on either coast that we have lived on (benefits of my husbands' job) but living here I would say has been the only place that we aren't less than 10 minutes from a beach. But it is so worth the almost hour drive to get to it.
Lilly & Zoe's beach trip

   Than Hubby and I went to Florida in the beginning of August for my best friends baby shower. It was such a great trip! I got to see my best friends that I hadn't seen in over a year (I was pregnant with Zoe the last time I saw them). Happy tears were coming when I saw them (especially my pregnant bestie when I saw that beautiful baby bump). We had so many laughs, lots of baby talk (sometimes I felt like I talked too much, but I think, hope, I would have been told to shut up if it was too much. ;) ), great food, and of course tears- lots of tears- when it was time to go. I meet all those women in the last four years and I always find myself wondering how I didn't know them my whole life. They have defiantly made an impact on my life, my girls lives, and I will cherish them forever. My besties beautiful bundle of pink arrived in September.  
   Zoe has grown leaps and bounds. She finally started walking about a month a go. It's that adorable "drunkin' baby/how much further apart can her legs get" walk. She's such a little character and it's such a blessing to watch her grow and learn new things every day. Lilly started her 4 year old preschool in September and loves every minute of it. She has also started gymnastics and I'm pretty positive we have found her calling. She LOVES it. Sometimes I think she just gets excited to jump on the trampolines, but I keep telling her that if she wants to get really good at it she has to listen to her teacher and follow directions (something she has to work on in ever aspect, but you can only expect so much from a 4 year old). Her last class I watched her follow her teacher around like a little shadow. So I think I'll be classifying myself as a gymnastics mom from now on. And I couldn't be prouder about that!
  September had a birthday, literally, every week to celebrate. Three of my best friends, little brother, a new baby, my Aunt's and Hubby's birthday.  September is a crazy month! Plus we had a wedding at the end of the month. That was a BLAST! We got to get away for the night, my Step-Mom and sister came to watch and spend time with the girls. We got to see old friends, made new ones and just really enjoyed ourselves. Something the hubby and I both really needed. The bride looked like she walked out of a Vogue bridal photo shoot, just stunning!
     
Hubby and I at the Wedding

                            
  Well, I think that's been our life and major events in last three months. All caught up and ready to continue one from here. Fall is here, Halloween is around the corner and its time to get the costumes, decorations out, and go apple and pumpkin picking. LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year! 
  Thanks for stopping by!
  XO,
   Nikki


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS