The blanket scarf

Friday, March 27, 2015

Hi all!
  I want to share a little bit of happy that I got about a week ago. It's my AEO Plaid Blanket Scarf. I'm pretty sure I'm late to this trend. I know it was a fall must have, but better late than never right? 
    I've seen pictures of outfit's with blanket scarfs all over Pinterest and on some of my favorite fashion bloggers. Trying to find one that wasn't ridiculously priced or the right colors seemed impossible. I love the plaid ones with red, yellow and blue. But is that really practical for any other season besides fall/winter? I guess it could be, I'm no fashion expert by any means, but that combo just seems fall-ish to me. And if I'm spending money on something I consider an accessory I need to be able to use it for more than just a few months. 
  Three of my besties and I are having a girls weekend in NYC in two weeks so I've been trying to prep what I'll be wearing. While talking to my bestie Sam about what to wear and bring she mentioned she got a blanket scarf from American Eagle Outfitters that's black and white- the go to colors for this momma. I looked it up immediately and fell in love (the other two colors are gorgeous too!) Plus the best part, its on sale right now for $24.99 but you get an extra 40% off at check out. The scarf is $14.99 befor tax! I haven't seen a blanket scarf that cheap yet!!  
  Now, when I got it I was super excited! I couldn't get it out of the bag fast enough. My first thought was it's HUGE! I mean, it's legit a blanket! I put it on and swore I was wearing it wrong. I sent Sam a picture saying "I don't think I'm wearing this right." Like the good friend she is, she said it looked normal. In the picture it actually does look normal, but in real life it's just seems so big a bulky. But I guess that's the point of a blanket scarf...? I'd share the picture put its a pretty bad selfie. 
  So I went to my trusted source for everything, Pinterest, and looked up how to wear it. I was doing it right and I also learned a few other way to wear. Score! 
    I wore it on Monday since it was a whopping high of 26 (it's spring right??). It's fantastic. I love it and I'm so glad I finally have one. My husband had to work in my home town so the girls and I tagged along to see family. I used it as a blanket on the car ride home yesterday, worked perfectly! (Sorry I don't have a quality blog picture of my outfit, but I was in a hurry and just wanted to take one and sorry for the dirty mirror!) 
  
   I'm planing to use this on my flight to NYC. Hopefully it will be warmer in a few weeks so it can replace a jacket but I'll also be able to use it as a blanket on my flight. 
   I have to say I can see this being pretty versatile. If you're like me and want one but aren't looking to make some huge bold statement, I totally recommend this blanket scarf.  

Thanks for stopping by! 
  Xo,
   Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS