Weekend Happenings

Monday, March 30, 2015


Hi all! I hope you all had a great weekend! Filled with fun, laziness, and spring time warmth.  My little family and I did a whole lot of nothing. And it was nice! But not a whole lot of warmth, which was not so nice.
    It snowed Friday night into Saturday. The snows almost gone. Almost the key word here. I'm pretty sure we'll still have snow in May. I'll be happy if I never see snow again, ever.
       
Look close and you'll see the evil snow
      Lilly and I watched the new Annie movie Friday night. Much to my surprise I really enjoyed it. I love the original and like most remakes you hope they are just as good but sadly most aren't. But Annie was good. Jamie Foxx is always good for a laugh and the little girl who plays Annie was adorable. I liked how they changed it up and made it modern but yet kept to some of the original aspects. I recommend seeing it with your little. 
     
   I went out Saturday afternoon to return the movie and stopped at one of my most favorite places, Starbucks. Between the cold weather (depressing), snow (more depressing), and having no kids in tow (not depressing at all!) I felt I deserved this little treat. Plus I just wanted to try it out. So I got myself the Starbucks Birthday Frapp. 
It was good but a little too sweet for my liking. I still drank it, but I don't think I'd ever order it again. If you have every smelt Scentys' Birthday Cake wax then you will know exactly what this Frapp tastes like. Strange I know, but it's dead on.  
  
   Sunday was a blah day. We were going to take the girls to Bass Pro to get their picture taken with the Easter Bunny but my in-laws are coming to visit next weekend so we are going to go with them. Gives us something to do instead of just sitting in the house. Plus I know they enjoy seeing the excitement of the kids. Well the excitement of Lilly, I'm not so sure how Zoe is going to do with this. Lilly doesn't know they are coming, so when she wakes up Friday morning she is going to flip. I can't wait to see her face! 
    But since we didn't do that it was just another day of bumming around, doing some laundry, and getting excited for my NYC trip (12 days!!).
   
Zoe passed out on our lazy Sunday
    Lot's going on this week between Easter, Lilly's school and gymnastic, my in-laws visiting, and just typical every day things. I'll be posting a snack I'm doing for Lilly's school on Wednesday. She was SuperStar of the week last week but she was only there Monday so we get to make up the two days she missed this week. Its going to be simple and Easter-y. Make sure to come back and see what it is.
    It's suppose to reach 60 at some point this week. Excited would be an understatement. You might see a lot of New Englanders on the news wearing shorts and t-shirts, haha! Hopefully I'll be able to get outside with the girls and Lilly can ride her new bike she got for her birthday. I've only had to hear about wanting to ride this bike since January. Poor kid and having a winter birthday. 
     Well, hopefully it's warming up wherever you are and spring is in full effect. Thanks for stopping by! 

    Xo,
     Nikki 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS