Weekend Recap

Monday, April 20, 2015

Hi All!
  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We were very busy this weekend, between birthday parties and being outside enjoying the weather. It's Spring vacation for Lilly this week and I've never been so happy to not have to rush around first thing this morning.

   Saturday was a beautiful day! Hitting a high of 73 (what, what?!?). Lilly had her best friend's, B (for privacy reasons I wont be sharing any names), birthday party on Saturday around lunch time. We pretty much just relaxed in the morning and than headed out to the party. The party was a ton of fun! It was at a place that has a rock climbing wall, bounce houses, and games. Lilly had her party there too and it's really just a good time for all the kids. They get to run and get all their energy out. Zoe LOVES the bounce house and there is a huge one that is meant to be an obstetrical course, well I probably did that with her about 50 times. No lie. Lilly was off running around with her friends, not a care in the world.

  
   After the party we went home, Zoe passed out and slept for about 2 hours (yay!) and Lilly and I went outside to play with her best friend B and his brother V, again (we are neighbors, it's pretty awesome). I could have used a nap myself, but we know that wasn't going to happen for me. Hubby was working on the lawn so he couldn't watch Lilly outside.  Lilly did more running around (where on earth do these kids get the energy?!), I sat and talked with my friend T (she's B and V's mom). Zoe finally woke up and joined us outside. There was no more sitting for me after that. After playing outside it was just a typical night in our house; dinner, baths, relaxing.
 
   Sunday was a lot cooler and not to exciting other than the birthday party later in the day for one of Lilly's other friends. She had her party at a place called Creative Getaway. It's a pottery painting and art class place. I never knew it was there, but I'm glad I do now. The little girl only invited the girls from her class so it wasn't a very big party and a lot calmer than B's the day before. Lilly had a blast, all though we need to work on her manners and not feeding into the older kids antics. She just wants to make people laugh and once you show her you think she's funny she just keeps going. She hasn't quite learned the art of stopping when your ahead. But other than that it was a great time. We found out that they will be starting paint nights for the adults there, so a couple of us Moms were talking about getting together on of the nights and doing it. I've always wanted to do one and I've becoming good friends with a lot of the mom's in Lilly's class. They are all so great.

Lilly paining her unicorn.
    After that party we went over to T's house to celebrate B's birthday with their family. They are awesome neighbors and friends. They have always included us in their family gatherings sinces we've moved here. Amazing people and we are so lucky to have them in our lives. One of the perks of being a military family, you move around a lot but you make some of the most amazing friends along the way.
  
   We were also there to celebrate T's sister running the Boston Marathon today. This is her second time running, her first time was the year of the bombing. She came in about 10 minutes before the bomb went off. Her whole family was originally standing right where the bomb went off but decided to meet her at the finish line when she passed them. We were suppose to be there too but we had to wait for our siding guy to come and look at our house. The whole thing was so scary and crazy. It's raining today and chilly, but I'm so proud of her for running again and doing this. I've always wanted to be a runner, but I just don't like it enough to motivate myself.

   So that was our weekend. Not anything extraordinary, I didn't buy anything new for myself or the girls. It was just our normal family weekend. I don't have a lot planned for this week, maybe I'll take the girls to the children's museum or a park as long as it's not raining and warm enough. I'm starting my diet and exercise program again today. It's not a specific program, I just start tracking my meals (I do flexible dieting), working out with my weights and doing some T25. It's getting warmer and I'm turning 30, I need to get this body in shape.

    I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, thanks for stopping by!

XO,
  Nikki
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS