Rocksbox: First Impressions

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Hi All!

   I hope your week has been going well so far. So, I know I didn't touch on the this topic in a blog post, but if you watched my Mommy Mailbox August Unboxing video (watch it here if you haven't already) you would have seen I quickly talked about Rocksbox. I wanted to tell you a little more about it and give you my first impressions.

  
how adorable is that packaging?!

   This is a monthly subscription box, but not a typical one in the sense that you can actually get this package more than once a month and only pay $19.99 a month. Crazy right?! Let me explain. First, you are borrowing jewelry. And it is not cheap costume jewelery either; each box averages about $200. Top brands like Kendra Scott and House Of Harlow are just some of what you can expect to see. You have the option to keep the box for as long as you want or return it the next day if you don't like anything you received.  It's totally up to you. When you send the box back they will send you back a new box with three new pieces. You can do this as often as you want in a month. You do have the option to buy the jewelry if you really like it at a discounted price. You can either go online and click buy or you just send everything but the piece you want to keep back and they charge the card you have on file. So simple right?! You also get a monthly $10 credit to use towards buying a piece, but this $10 doesn't accrue over time. It's just $10 a month. The only store credit you get that stays in your account from month to month is the $25 credit for referring friends. You can cancel at anytime by either emailing them or going to your profile. I hope I explained that all well. I kind of had to do some digging around to really figure out how this box works. It's not as complicated as it may seem, but its so different from any other subscription box that it seems slightly confusing.

comes with a personalized card


   So when signing up you create your profile and make a wish list of what you would like to get. My current wish list has 140 pieces in it (I REALLY like a lot of their stuff, haha!). I know for a fact that I got one piece off my wish list. I just added so much that I don't even remember anymore. But what I did get was awesome.

   My first piece is the Slate necklace. I LOVE this necklace. It is edge-y and girly all at the same time.





      This is the most expensive piece in this box. It is beautiful and so well made. I'm still on the fence about buying this, though. I really, really like it but I'm not sure about the price. I'm going to make a decision in the next few days though, I would like to get another box before my month is up.

    Next piece is the Sophie Harper Pave Square Studs. These are beautiful, but a little too fancy for me. I would love to own these, but I know I wont wear them. I haven't actually worn them since I got them. So that speaks volumes.




    The last piece I got is the Nakamol Mixed Cream Wrap Bracelet. Again, another beautiful piece. I can defiantly see myself wearing this almost every day. But, it doesn't really give me that "I have to have this" feeling.



   So those are the three pieces. All are absolutely beautiful, but my battle of to keep or give back is the Slate necklace. I'll let you know what I decide to do.

   My final opinion on Rocksbox: It's worth the $19.99, but only if you wear a lot of jewelry all the time. I'm a stay at home Mom and I do wear jewelry a lot, but not this kind of jewelry. I however, will sign back up when I have special events coming up. I think being able to borrow jewelry rather than buy some new pieces that you may only wear once is a much better option. Plus you get to borrow jewelery that you may not buy because of the price. If you are interested visit Rocksbox and use my code NICOLEBFF650 for your first month free. I do get a $25 credit if you use my code. You do not have to use my code, but I'm not sure they offer a free month without using one.

   Let me know if you decided to try it out or if you already receive Rocksbox and what you think. For a free month, I don't think you can go wrong. Plus it's so fun to get jewelry, even if you have to give it back. :)

   Thanks for taking a timeout with me and I'll talk to you next time!

   Xo,
     Nikki    

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS