Hello September!

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hi All!
  Happy September!! I hope the end of August treated you well! The last week has been a pretty obvious lack of blogging and YouTubing, but I was busy enjoying some time with my family. If you follow me on instagram you saw all the pictures. I did mean to have a post up, but I didn't get around to it and I was just enjoying every minute with my girls and my family. I just feel like doing a little chit chat today. I don't have anything extraordinary to share. Just want to talk to my friends :) 

   I went back to New York with just my girls last Sunday (Hubby had to work and couldn't get off). We had my niece's first birthday, went to a park, went to a zoo, swam in my Mom's pool and had ice cream with friends that I wish we lived closer too, and went to my high school best friend's daughters third birthday party.

At the zoo feeding the birdies

Swim time!!

   We took a walk to the local Lighthouse in my home town.  It's also right next to the Station that my husband was first stationed at and where I meet him. It was pretty nostalgic and kind of emotional going back there with our girls. I wish Hubby could have been there too. It was just so surreal to have all those memories come flooding back and than looking at my little girls. If you would have asked me 12 years ago where I'd be today, I'm pretty sure where I'm at right now would not have been my answer. Not that I didn't want this life for myself 12 years ago, but I'm pretty sure my answer would have been slightly different. Funny how life works sometimes. 

On our walk to the Lighthouse

My most favorite picture in the entire world <3


   The girls and I came back that Friday evening and just relaxed waiting for the chaos of September to begin. Any other Mom's feel like September is the start of craziness? We have so much going on between, starting kindergarten, gymnastics, birthdays, weddings. It's insanity! But I am very excited for Fall!

   September is kind of like a new start, like a new school year. So I'm setting some monthly goals for myself. I want to share them so I can stay accountable (I tend to do better when I put my goals out in the open). My first goal: don't cry on the first day of kindergarten. LOL! Pretty sure I'm going to be a hot mess. I cry at everything. My other (more realistic) goals: Blog more- put 2 blog posts up a week; Make more YouTube Videos- trying to post 2 a week also; Workout at least 5 days a week (and layoff the PSL's!!)- I prefer weights, but I also do T25; Go on a September no-buy- This might be tough but it has to happen. I need to get things out of my house not bring more in. So those are the three goals I'm putting up for now. Let's see how well I do. :) Also, I have been listing things on my Poshmark (search for Nikki0614) closet. I have a bunch of great clothes and I'm planning on adding some more makeup and nail polish that I haven't used. Time to purge!!!

   I hope your September is starting off on the right foot. I love this time of year and can not wait to start sharing picture of all the fall activities I do with my family and the fall fashion- of course. I also hope that the first day of school was great for all of your littles'. I'm starting to freak out a little, if you have any advice please share! :) Thanks for stopping by my timeout! I'll talk to you soon!

Xo,
  Nikki

PS: I got to have PSL early last week!! :)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS