Mommy Mailbox August 2015 Unboxing

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Hi All!

   Hope your week is going well. Everyone is finally on the mend in my house (Thank You Jesus!). This cold was horrible. Just giving the girls a few extra days and than hopefully we can get back to our summer. It's flying by and I really want to hit up the beach a few more times. But in all of this sickness, I got a super awesome package in the mail from Mommy Mailbox and I'm so excited to share it!!

   If you are not familiar with Mommy Mailbox let me give you a quick run down. It is a monthly subscription service that is intended to give Mom's a little something every month to make you feel special (you can click here and here to see the past two months). The boxes are not geared towards a specific item like most subscription boxes are (think Ipsy, Birchbox, Grazebox, etc.). The company picks a top Mommy blogger/business owner to help curate the monthly box.  It's about $30.95 a month (mine works out to be about $33), which is a little steep for a subscription box, but usually one or two of the items will cover that price and you will always get 4-5 items. I have yet to be disappointed with a box and this months box has topped them so far. Mind you, you do not need to be a Mom to subscribe to this box. It's not geared towards Mom's specifically. It's just created with Mom's in mind to make them feel extra special. I think you would love everything even if you weren't a Mom. But if you're not a Mom, just be prepared to get some funny looks when the box comes in. ;)

   This month Mommy Mailbox teamed up the Becki Crosby of Whippy Cake. I didn't know who Becki was until Mommy Mailbox posted on their Instagram that she was curating with them. I was going to cancel this month, but once I went to the Whippy Cake blog, YouTube Channel, and her Instagram (search whippycake in the app) I knew I had to keep it for one more month. I love Becki's style and her personality, so I know she was going to add some good stuff. And boy, did she ever!



   Do you see all that awesomeness?! If a subscription box would offer me something like this every month I would sign up in a heart beat. The past two I received from Mommy Mailbox were great, but this one is honestly my most favorite box yet. Let me get into some of the details on what's pictured above.

   Let's start off with the Dia's Jewels necklace. This necklace is gorgeous! I have been wanting a statement necklace for forever. I'm just supper picky and I don't want to spend my money on just any old one. If I'm buying something I have to be able to get a lot of use out of it. As it is, I have one sitting in my closet that I've never worn. I always put it on but than take it right off because I feel like its just too over the top (I should really just own my style and wear what I want. I'm working on that.) But anyways...The necklace is called Starry Night. Now I've tried to find it on the website but I can't seem to. I don't know if this was exclusive to the box or if it's just not up for sale yet. I'm hoping to see it or hear something from Mommy Mailbox about it soon though. The awesome thing about Dia's Jewel's is that each piece from her line goes towards helping women rescued from human trafficking. #Jewelsforacause You can't tell me you don't feel good about buying a piece of jewelery and knowing part of the proceeds go to charity. Check out her website, the pieces are great quality, and so reasonably priced. I was expecting at least $40 and up but most are less than $30. I have my eye on a few pieces already.

Starry Night by Dia's Jewels
   Next is the liquid lipstick and lip liner from Ofra Cosmetics. I have heard of Ofra before but I have never owned anything by them, this is going to change though. The liquid lipstick is in the color Laguna Beach, it is a beautiful pinky nude. It goes on very creamy but dries kind of matte and is suppose to last up to 5 hours. The lipliner is in the color nude. It is waterproof and when they say waterproof, they mean it! It took a good scrubbing to get it off my hand after I swatched it. The two match up perfectly and when I tried them on it was a perfect natural nude for my lips. These two will probably become a regular staple in my makeup routine.


   Next up, the Baggu Small 3D Zip makeup bag. I love the colors and the design on this bag. Its made of 100% ripstop nylon that seems incredibly easy to clean (in fact it is machine washable) and is rather large even though it says small. My only worry would be that it's so thin something might get broken if you drop the bag. Nothing worse than a shattered blush or eyeshadow. But other than that, I can think of a few uses for this bag. Like using it for the beach, bringing to the pool, using it for pens and pencils; just to name a few. Baggu has a ton of styles from purses to backpacks to these zip bags. They also have so many different designs and the prices are amazingly reasonable. Check them out here and see if there is anything you like.
 



   And lastly is the Grey Ghost Bakery Lemon Sugar Cookie. Grey Ghost Bakery is a small family owned bakery based out of South Caroline. The baked goods are from recipes passed down from the family. Let me tell you, it was a darn good cookie! The description says it "tastes like the ones Mom made". I can't say my Mom ever made sugar cookies like that (sorry Mom!), but I will say these tasted great and you can tell they weren't store bought. Lilly really enjoyed it. I got about two bites and than she finished it on me. Check out their website (here) to see everything else you can order and to see if the bakery items are sold in a store near you.

2pk-Lemon2915r-400x600.jpg
Picture from Grey Ghost Bakery website

  I did an Unboxing video,  click on it below to see my initial reaction to everything.  

                         

   I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love everything Mommy Mailbox stands for. You get what you pay for and more. And this months box was worth every penny. I am, however considering canceling next months. I know that probably makes no sense, but I need to take a break from these subscription boxes. But, we will see who the curator is for September and I'll go from there. :) 

   Thanks for taking a timeout with me and checking out what I received in my Mommy Mailbox. Don't forget to go to their website and check out their blog.  Also, they say that they sometimes have left over boxes, so if you really liked a past box you can email them to see if they still have any available. They are an amazing company and I know you won't be disappointed if you sign up.

   Talk to you in my next timeout! 

  Xo,
    Nikki 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS