Crockpot Tuesday: Beef Stoganoff

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hi!!

  I hope you had a fantastic weekend! It was a very nice weekend here in New England. Super hot on Saturday, but a beautiful fall Sunday. We didn't do much of anything, just took care of somethings around the house. A typical weekend for us. Sunday Football was semi good to us. Our Giants lost (boo), but I won my one fantasy football league. I'm 0-2 in my other :( But it's still early in the season and I have some time to make a come back. :)

   It's Crockpot Tuesday and I'm making Beef Stroganoff. I found this recipe about 2 years ago on Pinterest and it has been my go to ever since. It's from The Crockstar. Her recipe calls for double of everything, but I cut this in half (literally) and it feeds all four of us with left overs for one (most of the time). There wont be a follow up tomorrow on this because this is a staple in my house and I can tell you right now that it is amazing. You will not regret eating this! And if my two little picky eaters will eat this than you know its good. :)


Here's what you need:

  • 1 pound cubed stew meat (I just buy a package and use the whole thing, so sometimes its just under a pound and half)
  • 1 can Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup (this will be located by the cream of mushroom soup- I had a hard time finding it at first)
  • 1/2 largish onion diced
  • 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Salt ( I don't have any, so its garlic powder and salt for me)
  • couple dashes of Hot Paprika (I have never been able to find this, so I just had a couple shacks of regular paprika)
  •  4 oz of cream cheese (Sometimes I use the whole 8oz block, just depends on the mood I'm in)
  • bag of egg noodles 


 Now, add everything to the crockpot EXCEPT the meat and the cream cheese. Stir it all up, add the meat, and stir again. Cook this on low for about 6-8 hours. I usually go for about 6 hours so the meat doesn't get to dry. Before serving cut of the cream cheese into cubes and mix it in until its all melted. If you need too you can put the lid back on the crockpot to let the cream cheese melt some more. Once it's all combined put it on top of your egg noodles and you are ready to eat. :)



   One thing, I've had my cream cheese melt seamlessly into the liquid and other times it's kind of chunked up. I'm not sure why the cream cheese does that or how to fix it. I've tried cranking up the heat and seeing if it will melt. But it has always tasted exactly the same now matter how the the cream cheese has melted in. If you know how to make it so the cream cheese doesn't chunk up, please let me know. Although it tastes the same, I'd prefer not to have the chunks.

Mix everything without the meat first than add it. It smells SO good already!!


   I hope you try out this meal, I'm positive you will love it! If you do let me know what you think. It's honestly such an easy and tasty meal to make. It's also a nice change from everything chicken. Don't forget to send me some of your favorite crockpot recieps, I'm always looking for new dinner ideas. :)

   Thanks for taking a timeout! I'll talk to you next time!


 Xo,
  Nikki 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS