Friday Favorite: YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil

Friday, April 3, 2015

Hi all! Happy Friday!
  As you will get to know me you will learn that I love make-up. In fact the whole reason the girls weekend coming up was planned in NYC is because of IMATS (International Make-up Artist Trade Show- no I am not a make-up artist but they open the show up to the public on Saturday and Sunday). Much to my dismay, they sold out within a month so I wont be attending... whomp whomp whomp. But my two besties got tickets so they will supply me with my what I want, haha!
  I love make-up, it makes me feel pretty, girly and happy. In fact when I was little, my mom got me off my bottles by trading them for make-up. So this love of mine goes deep. But there is one piece of cosmetics that I never really got into, oddly enough, is lipstick and lip gloss. I wear lip gloss more than I do lipstick, but you'll sometimes see it on me as I leave the house and than 95% of the time you won't see it on me after it wears off. It's just never been one of my things. 
  When I do wear anything on my lips my typical go to color is a natural nude or a light pink tone. Just something to put on but doesn't attract too much attention. Within the last year I've become more daring and have started to wear both lipstick and lip gloss more and bolder colors. And by bolder I just mean reds. I figure since I'm almost 30 I'm old enough to wear a nice bold red, right? I know, my thought processes on this is strange but red always made me think of a mature older women. Not in a only my Grandma can wear red, but in the way that I just wasn't old enough to be wearing it. Does that even make sense? Not really, but I hope you get my what I'm trying to say.
   Anyways, my Friday Favorite is YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil in Cherry My Cherie 5.  




This is by far the best lip gloss/oil I have ever used! Besides the applicator being absolutely adorable the application of the oil itself is so nice. As it states in the name, its an oil so it's not sticky like a lip gloss. Which is great because I hate that sticky feeling. Your hair gets stuck in it, you take a sip of anything and your sticky lip gloss is left on the cup. Yuck! This stuff goes on so smooth and doesn't leave behind any of that other stuff. Another plus is there is no strange smell or taste to it. Nothing will turn me off faster to a lip stick or gloss than the smell or taste. My lips are pretty pigmented as it is and this color just helps bring out my natural color a little more without being over baring.
     Here is a before and after of what this awesom-ness does. 
Before
After
  Sadly Cherry My Cherie is out of stock online, but if you have a Sephora local I'd see if the have it. Now I don't, wouldn't, and do find it a bit ridiculous to spend $32 on lip gloss. I have never done this before, but I'm telling you this is worth every penny! I don't think I've ever walked out of Sephora knowing I absolutely could not leave without a product. I can safely say this is a holy grail item for me. It took me a little while to figure out which color I wanted because they are honestly all gorgeous. I am planning on getting more, but at $32 a pop its only going to happen on a special occasion. Like this girls trip coming up. Just saying, there may or may not be another one of these bad boys in my bag when I come back home. 
   Let me know if you pick one of these up and which color. If you have a holy grail lip stick or lip gloss you think I might like let me know. I'm always interested in hearing about new products. :)
     
   As always, thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend! 
        Xo,
         Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS