Finally Feeling Better

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Hi All!
   Well, I had started a weekend recap Sunday night, but I was so tired and sick that I just couldn't finish. I ended up going to the doctors on Monday and was told I have an upper respiratory infection. No antibiotics but I got an in-haler and was told what to take over the counter. This cold has kicked my butt! I haven't felt any better until today, mind you this cold started last Monday. Unfortunately Zoe also came down with the cold on Sunday, poor kid was leaking from her eyes and her nose wouldn't stop running. I also took her to the doctor on Monday, but after my appointment I knew what they were going to say about her. And now Hubby has this dreaded cold. I feel so bad. I'm hoping he bounces back a little faster than I did. He's been taking the same medicine that the doctor told me to take and he's been taking Zicam. I had more energy today than I've had in a week and I didnt feel the need to use the in-haler today. Both a big old plus in my book. Hopefully this cold is more than gone for everyone in the house by Saturday. We have a busy weekend.

   Since I wasn't able to fill you in on our weekend until now, here's what I had started for my original Weekend Recap:

   Our weekend wasn't all that exciting. We signed Lilly up for soccer on Saturday morning and she had her first game 20 minutes later. I took the girls to sign her up but had to tag out with Hubby for the game since it was just too cold for Zoe and I wasn't feeling well. Lilly loved it! Which was very reassuring to hear since she really has never shown any interest in playing soccer, ever. I've wanted to signer her up since she was 3 but any time our neighbors kids would play she wouldn't play with them. On Monday she was full on playing with them and chasing down our 11 year old neighbor to get the ball. So I asked her if she wanted to play, she said yes and so now I am officially a soccer mom! Well, for the next 7 weeks anyways. And in true Lilly fashion, she has asked that we go get her soccer outfits, because she has too have the right clothes. She will be the girl with a full face of makeup, on the filed kicking butt. I wouldn't want it any other way.


   But in some exciting news, we got a trampoline on Wednesday. The girls are over the moon about it! My mom and I got on the topic of outside toys and than started talking about trampolines. She found one on sale from Toys-R-Us, but we don't have the extra money to spend on that right now. The girls have plenty of toys for outside. My Mom called me back later that morning and said she talked to my Grandmother and they both wanted to chip in and get one for the girls. Hubby and I talked about it and we said okay we can do it. So now we have something in our back yard for the girls (and for myself and our friends- who am I kidding) to play on. Saturday was a big jumping day after soccer. It warmed up a bit and after some lunch we all went out side. Zoe went down for a nap and our neighbors came over to jump and hang out. I'd say the kids got a good 2 hours of jumping and running around in. Needless to say it resulted in a very crank Lilly and a nap at 5:30.


   Sunday was a whole lot of nothing expect me doing laundry and just lying in bed. To say I felt awful was a complete understatement. And taking care of Zoe because she got this darn cold too. I feel like we are all on the mend now except for Hubby, but I think (hope) he'll start feeling better by Friday. I didn't really take this cold serious until about Saturday and he started feeling yucky on Monday and started cold medicine right away.  Plus he's taking that Zicam, hopefully that does what it says it does and shortens this cold for him.

   I'm sorry this isn't more interesting and that it's been almost a week since my last post, but this cold has just knocked me down. I hope your weekend and week have been going well and cold free. As always, thanks for stopping by!!

Xo,
  Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS