Easter Weekend Recap

Monday, April 6, 2015

Hi All!
  I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday weekend! Ours was busy, but in a good way.

  My in-laws came to visit on Friday and Lilly was SO excited when she saw them walk through the door. We didn't tell her because Lilly would have been asking every 2 minutes when Nanny and Pop-Pop are coming. It's a 7 hour drive (give or take) so not telling her was better for our sanity. We went to see the Easter Bunny at Bass Pro on Saturday but the line was about 2 hours long. So we just walked around. I just have to say, Bass Pro is amazing. Even if you buy nothing it's just fun to walk around and look at everything.
  We came back home after that, but Lilly really wanted to see the Easter Bunny so my Mother-in-Law and I took the girls to the Mall. Lilly was great, Zoe not so much. I'll save that story for another time, but I will say I was that Mom with that kid. I'm so grateful my Mother-In-Law was with me.
   After waiting for 30 minutes and Zoe having a meltdown, this is how the Easter Bunny visit turned out:
  
Easter Bunny Fail
  Pretty much standard. I did not purchase this. But this picture pretty much summed up the 45 minutes we waited. Zoe wanted to see the Bunny but once I put her down this is what she did. I did buy a picture of just Lilly though. Lilly loved the Easter Bunny so 1 out 2 ain't bad.



   After all that we made Easter dinner because my in-laws had to head back Sunday. After dinner and after Zoe went to bed, Lilly colored Eggs and made some Easter cupcakes with her Nanny. After Lilly went to bed I helped the Easter Bunny set up the baskets, a gift for my in-laws, and hide a few eggs.


   Sunday morning was great. Lilly was over the moon, Zoe doesn't get it yet still. But she loved the sunglasses that were in the basket. It's so much fun watching Lilly's face light up. I can't wait for next year when I'm pretty sure Zoe will actually understand it more. We had a nice breakfast Sunday morning and around lunch time said our good-byes. Time spent with my in-laws is always so great and when we have to say good-bye it always stinks. Just part of having to live so far away from family, but the good-byes are never easy.
 
   Sunday afternoon was spent with our friends (and neighbors) and their family. We are so blessed to have amazing neighbors who include us in on a lot of their family events. They put out over 300 eggs for 5 kids to collect. After that they count out who got the most eggs and give out prizes. All the kids got prizes but it's still so much fun for them and just an awesome thing they do.

    Now it's time for me to prep for NYC and make sure everything is in line at that house for when I'm gone. So excited! I really hope your weekend didn't have any Easter Bunny melt downs! Thanks for stopping by! 

Xo,
  Nikki 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS