Summer Clothes for the Littles

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Hi All!

   Happy Wednesday! :) So, last week I had to return some stuff that didn't fit the girls so I picked up some summer clothes at Crazy8 and OshKosh and thought I would share what I got. I wish the weather would just stay a consistent 75 degrees around here, but I think I'm asking a little too much for April in New England.

   After going through the bag of summer clothes from last year for Lilly, I was pleasantly surprised to see that a lot of her summer clothes still fit her. And she got a good amount of new summer clothes for Easter from my in-laws. I'm pretty excited here for two reason. One being the obvious, that I don't need to buy her new clothes and second because I really LOVE the stuff she had last year. Especially everything from OshKosh. Lilly's whole wardrobe could consist of OshKosh and I would not complain one bit. I think they make the cutest (and not cheap or cheesy) clothes for kids her age. Zoe, also surprisingly, doesn't need a whole lot either. Not sure how I have as much as I do saved from Lilly in 24 months/2T since Lilly was in that size in the middle of winter, but I'll take it. Zoe does need a few more shorts and maybe some actual outfits (nothing a trip to the outlets or Target can't fix), but otherwise she's pretty good. They both need sandals, but I think I'll hit up Target for those in about mid May. 

   My first return was to OshKosh. I bought both the girls flip flops and although the sizing guide for the flip flops was followed they were much, much too big for Lilly. I'm pretty sure I should have returned the ones Zoe got too, I don't think she'll wear them but we'll see. I picked up these Mary Jane Sneakers for Lilly:


   I think these are so cute and match pretty much everything she owns. These too are a little big on her, but with some socks they fit good. I'm hopping her feet grow some in the next couple of months so she can wear them without socks if she wants too. I know "GASP! white, everyday shoes for a little kid?!" Yes white shoes, they will get dirty and I am okay with that. OshKosh has a few slip-on's and sandals that I love for both of the girls. They are having a pretty good sale right now, 50% off the entire store plus an extra 25% off of $40 or more (the code is SUMMER). I think I might order some for the girls, but they both don't need them right this second. 

   When I was at the store they were having an extra 25% off clearance items so I had to look (of course). They didn't having anything I was in love with for Lilly. She doesn't need any more t-shirts and everything else was long sleeves which she doesn't need anymore of either. Normally I would consider picking up stuff for next fall/winter but since she's pretty much stayed the same size since last summer I'm not sure what I should buy for next year. Zoe's section was kind of the same thing expect I found this Schiffli Twill Jumperall and paired it up with this Flitter-Sleeve Bodysuit in pink (the bodysuit was not on clearance):


   I love anything with anchors and when I saw the jumperall on clearance I knew I had to snag it. The bodysuit is a very bright pink and it's just a great piece to add to her wardrobe. You can never go wrong with a simple bodysuit for a toddler.

   My next stop was Crazy8 to return three outfits I had for Zoe that she never got to wear last year. I was expecting them to tell me that they couldn't take them back because they were so old, but I got about $15 for the three outfits (score!). Crazy8 had some of the cutest summer outfits for both the girls. I find Crazy8 to be a hit or miss for me. They are a sister company to Gymboree and I usually can't find to much I like in there, just not my style. But Crazy8 is spot on this year and you can't beat their prices.

   I decided I was only going to get Zoe one outfit from there and they were having a sale of 30% original priced items. Nothing in the clearance section was grabbing my attention and whatever did wasn't in Zoe's size. So I moved along to the regular priced stuff. I was going to get her an adorable jean romper that has butterflies all over it (I think I still might), but than another shopper pointed out this Dot Tank Top Set and I knew I had to get it for her.


   The shorts are separate so I'll be able to pair them up with another top if I want too. It's so simple but so darn cute! They have this Ruffly Swiss Dot Dress in Lilly's size that matches. Lilly loves dresses and I love to match the girls, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it. It's marked down right now plus I have a coupon so its a win win (right? haha!).


   There are so many adorable new looks out for the summer right now. I know I'll be buying more stuff as it gets warmer and I'm expecting to have to buy a lot more for both come the middle of the summer. I just have this feeling they both wont fit into anything they have. Yay for growth spurts! said no parent ever. I'm going to try an hold out for Memorial Day weekend, all the best sales happen than.

   I hope you're having a good week so far and if you pick up anything for your Littles at a great deal let me know. Thanks for stopping by!!

XO,
 Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS