Friday Favorites: First Aid Beauty

Friday, April 24, 2015

Hi All!
   Happy Friday! I hope the week was good to you. We had a nice week besides me trying desperately to fight this cold and unfortunately I am not winning. :( Pretty sure I'm headed to the doctor today to make sure I don't have an ear infections. Its starting to really hurt and I am the biggest baby when it comes to ear infections. And my throat is killing me, it hurts to talk. Should be an interesting weekend...

   My Friday Favorite this week is the First Aid Beauty (FAB) skin care line. If you have never heard of them I feel like you may be missing out on a really great brand. I only know of two places you can purchase it, Sephora and the First Aid Beauty website. You can learn all about the line by going to the FAB website (just click the link), but I'll give you a very quick rundown. The line was created in 2009 by Lilli Gordon, a veteran in the beauty industry, and with the help of Dr. Robert Buka, a board-certified dermatologist. The products (my most favorite part about them) are free of parabens, phthalates, alcohol, fragrances, and artificial dyes. Some products have over-the-counter formulation that is FDA-approved to help with specific skin problem, such as acne and eczema.

This is the Fab Faves to Go Kit
    I don't have major skin problems, but I have enough that I need better products than what you can buy at a drug store. I was previously recommended the Facial Radiance Pads and I did purchase them. I will say I wasn't impressed enough to feel the need to purchase them again. I, however, did not use them with the facial cleanser or the ultra repair cream. Sam was having some skin issues a few months ago and she decided to try the whole kit. She fell in love and told me that after 6 weeks of use with no problems, I had to get it. So I headed to Sephora and got some samples of the cleanser, the 5 in 1 eye cream, and their new Ultra Repair Sunscreen Moisturizer. After two days of use I could see a complete change in my skin. No lie.



   I continued to use my samples up and when we were in NY I purchased just the cleanser and the ultra repair cream, which was dumb because for $7 more I could have purchased the kit (purchase here and here). So when I got back home I returned the two separate items and bought the kit. Also, while in NY, I got samples of the Eye Duty Triple Remedy Overnight Cream and the Facial Eadiance Overnight Cream. Both are amazing and I plan to purchase them. And while in NY I purchased the Eye Duty Triple Remedy: Brighten, Depuff, and Smooth.


    I really like the triple remedy because I usually always wear under eye concealer and on the days I don't want to wear any makeup at all, it helps conceal my under eye circles (gotta love being a mom and genetics). It by no means covers like concealer, but I'm less self-conscious about going out of my house with nothing on my face. Unfourtantly, Sam had to return this because she started to see little bumps. I told her to try the 5-in-1 eye cream. I LOVE that stuff too. I may buy that when I run out of the triple remedy, for no particular reason other than I really like it.

   I do want to buy one of the moisturizers that is specifically for the face. I really love the Ultra Repair Cream (I'll get into more why in just a second) but I like having a specific face cream. I liked the the moisturizer with sunscreen, that will be perfect for the summer and beach days. It wasn't greasy and I didn't break out from it. It very much feels like and smells like sunscreen though. I don't really like that for an every day face cream. I have not actually tried FAB's Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer but I'm sure it's just as amazing as the rest of the line. 



   I also have to share one very interesting fact I was told when checking out at Sephora that will interest a lot of parents (and just to prove how great this stuff really is). The cashier told me that a FAB rep came to the store to give them some training and told him that the Ultra Repair Cream can be used on babies with sensitive skin. I couldn't believe it. Usually you can't use or wouldn't even think to use anything that an adult can on a baby. But because it has no harsh chemicals it is perfectly safe to use. He told me that his 18 month old son has those little red bumps on the back of his arms, so he used the Ultra Repair Cream on him and it took them away. Zoe has horrible eczema and the only product I have found that works on her is the Arbonne baby line. I can't even use the Honesty Company on her, it flairs up her eczema. It's been a nightmare trying to keep this under control for her.

   Being slightly unsure about using an adult cream on my 22 month old who has ultra sensitive skin, I tried it out on my own hands first. My skin gets super dry from washing them all the time and this lovely cooler weather. Between my thumb and pointer finger the skin was cracking (beautiful picture to paint, I know but bare with me), in two days the dry skin and cracking was gone. GONE! In fact, I just realized my hands have been looking so much better lately from just using the cream on my face.  So, this morning I tried it on Zoe for the first time. I'll be able to tell by later today if it is actually helping her, making it worse, or doing nothing at all. I'll keep you posted on what happens.



   I'm fully in love this with brand and have no intentions on switching to something else any time soon. I highly, highly recommend it. Go to Sephora and get some samples to see how your skin reacts to it. I'm pretty positive you'll fall in love with it too. OH! You have to use the products together, don't skimp and just try one without the other. I wish I would have tried everything the first time I purchased the Facial Radiance Pads.

   I hope you have a great weekend and let me know if you try FAB out and what you think of it.
Thanks for stopping by!!

Xo,
  Nikki



  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS